Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Veritas's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2002
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    Kenny Crowder: "It looks clear now that Coeburn is the best team in the Lonesome Pine District. Andrew Adkins is looking as good as any freshman can and runs the point guard position like a junior or senior. He also leads the team in scoring. When he misses a shot, Tyler Lawson's linebacker body seems to always be there for the rebound. Brian Pate is a slender 6-4 swingman who can score and rebound. The district games will now begin in earnest, and LPD fans will now get to see what everyone outside the district has seen since the first of December." Comments anyone???

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    76
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    Well, if Kenny Crowder said it then it has to be the gospel truth!

    I am sure the man known as Kenny Crowder has seen each and every LPD team 2-3 times so far this season (prior to Christmas) to come to this conclusion. I mean, HE IS KENNY CROWDER!


  3. #3
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    Hey it's the guy's analysis. He can believe what he wants. Personally, I feel that until Coeburn beats GC on the court that they're still only the 2nd best team in the LPD. That's the way it is in any sport...just like Ric Flair said: "to be the man, you've got to beat the man". (WOOO!!! sorry, couldn't resist)

    Coeburn's playing good basketball right now, but they've got to show up every night--they can't afford to take nights off, just show up to a gym and win, and that goes for anyone they play, no matter how good or how bad the opponent. They've got the players to win the LPD, just a matter of being consistent and playing the game the right way. I'll put it this way--they can't have an entire game like the first quarter they played against Grundy (outscored 21-7) and expect to win.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    "TO BE THE MAN YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN!!"

    Hey, that isn't Ric Flair's quote! That's Chris Kelly's! Pfft, get outta here! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    Or better yet... "you're not the man... you're just the man that knows the man."

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    "TO BE THE MAN YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN!!"

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member teller_about_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    I have seen all but two games of coeburn's, we are playin some pretty good ball our guys pull together and take good shots, one thing I personally think we might need to work on is some betther passes. We have a good bench that can step up and play if we need them. Coeburn is at Appy on friday and then I think the true test will come aganist GC. No one has beat us at home yet the CRAZIES are there every night and it seems like we get into a few people's heads
    OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
    COEBURN CRAZIES

    14-5 (9-3)\
    aka teller_about_me

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Hey, that isn't Ric Flair's quote! That's Chris Kelly's! Pfft, get outta here!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Who in the hades is Chris Kelly???


















































































































    IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO CHRIS KELLY IS!!!!

    Signed, The Rock
    TheRock
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_Reese's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    Crowder's comments within his articles on tricitiessports.com are obviously anti-Gate City &amp; anyone who knows him knows personally knows that he has a dislike for Gate City when it comes to high school athletics. I've heard comments on several occasions that let his feelings be known.

    I honestly don't think that his snubbing of Gate City's athletic teams will make a difference on the court/field of play IMHO.

    Go Kenny Crowder, keep on writing your biased articles, more power to you bro.


  9. #9
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    I cant stand Ken Crowder. Absolutely nothing personal, I just cant stand his announcing or his sports analysis. Never have liked him.

    As far as Coeburn being the best team in the district, I have only seen Kelly, Pound, Coeburn and PV but out of those teams I would definately say the Coeburn is much, much better.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_Reese's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn-Best Team in the LPD per Kenny Crowder

    Kenny's a nice guy, but his obvious bias shows through when it comes to high school sports. That's okay though, because he's a big Burton backer and I'd expect nothing less from him. However, some snide comments I've heard that have been said just rubbed me the wrong way.

    Coeburn may be the best team in the LPD, but personally I'd say it's awful early to be making such presumptions. I know a lot of people are going to think that I say this because I'm from GC but that isn't the reasoning. I've only seen one team outside of GC &amp; that was Appalachia. I couldn't tell you what the other teams have to be honest. Very few district games have been played and a lot of teams have not been out of football long at all.

    It just seems to me that KC's trying to stir the crap to see if anyone notices the smell. Just my thoughts.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •